- Ensuring the efficient flow of orders from the waiters to the kitchen
- Ensuring orders are being prepared with the correct priority
- Assisting in the final preparation of dishes
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the waiters to the kitchen
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority
- Assist in the final preparation of dishes
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation and temperature
- Deliver orders to maintain fast service
- Eliminate obstacles in service, food preparation lines or dish washing
- Inspect the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in cleaning
- Transfer important information between the kitchen and the wait staff (e.g. when a customer has a particular request)
- Handle complaints from clients to preserve the restaurant’s reputation
- Support other tasks as needed (e.g. telephone orders)
- Proven experience as food expeditor or other restaurant position
- Understanding of health and safety rules in a restaurant
- Dexterity in using kitchen equipment or utensils and carry heavy trays
- Well-organized and ability to lead and direct people
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Outstanding coordination and multi-tasking abilities
- A customer-oriented approach
- Great physical endurance
- High school diploma; Higher degree in hospitality or relevant field will be appreciated
- Food handling certification is required according to legal regulations
Based in San Antonio, Texas, Southerleigh Hospitality Group is an independent fully integrated restaurant and hospitality company, owning and managing various restaurants and food concepts such as, Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery, Southerleigh Brewery, Southerleigh Haute South and Brasserie Mon Chou Chou.
Southerleigh Hospitality Group is a strong group of foodies who are obsessed with connecting people with savory, comfort, flavorful food experiences and they make no excuses about it. With an unwavering passion for palette tantalizing menus, the restaurants serve up decadent cuisine along with distinguished hand-crafted beers for food lovers abound. The friendly neighborhood gathering places make every visit an unforgettably fun social dining experience.
Southerleigh Fine Food and Brewery:
The first Southerleigh restaurant, Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery, was launched by renowned Chef Jeff Balfour in April 2015. Located in the heart of one of the most valuable and recognizable modern-day developments in the U.S. called “Pearl”, based on its late-1800’s start as a beer production facility and now the jewel of the food scene in San Antonio, Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery, quickly became the recipe of success preparing smart exceptional comfort food and sought-after hand-crafted beers. As the cornerstone successful restaurant and brewery of the 18-acre property, local and national visitors alike were elated that once again, beer was flowing from the taps and the livelihood of the Southerleigh atmosphere was in full swing.
Balfour brought together the best of the new and old, as he created a unique culinary concept by taking Texas’ cross-cultural cuisine, influenced by his native coastal upbringing in Galveston, Texas, and combined it with Head Brewer Les Locke’s unique craftsmanship of distinguished custom brews, all orchestrated by the French General Manager, Phillipe Placé. The extraordinary setting, extreme attention to detail, and the endless pursuit of creating memorable meal experiences were the foundation for Southerleigh's blueprint.
With a fanatical obsession for connecting people with fun, memorable dining experiences, and an indisputable knack for finding the right up and coming locations, the Southerleigh Restaurant family continued to grow.
Southerleigh Haute South:
In August 2019, Southerleigh Hospitality Group announced plans to expand by replicating the successful blueprint to more locations in San Antonio. With the original restaurant and brewery in the heart of downtown San Antonio, new gathering places were selected in the northern and southern districts of the city. A new concept opened its doors in September 2020, Southerleigh Haute South, with two locations, first one in the fastest-growing commerce, life, and leisure destination in the northwest part of San Antonio known as the RIM and a second one in the up-and-coming community of Brooks on the Southeast side. Those friendly community locations will be home to the leading fried chicken fine-casual dining experience.
Brasserie Mon Chou Chou
In November 2020, Southerleigh Hospitality Group is launching a new restaurant, Brasserie Mon Chou Chou that will feature quintessential French comfort food that showcases simple, earthy, flavorful dishes from regions throughout France. As opposed to upscale French restaurants, brasseries are more informal, serving full dinner options but also allowing for a more casual atmosphere of just wine, oysters, cheese plates and more. The menu at Mon Chou Chou will feature classic, but accessible, French comfort foods that will appeal to a range of guests.
The new restaurant was conceptualized in partnership with Chef Réa and Southerleigh Hospitality Group partners Jerome Serot, Philippe Placé and Chef Jeff Balfour. Réa, Placé and Serot all hail from France, did not meet until they all ended up in San Antonio in 2001. Nineteen years of friendship later, they have joined forces to bring the comforts and flavors of their native France to Pearl.
Chef Rea started his career in culinary school in Strasbourg, France. After a successful start in various world-class restaurants such as The Lygon Arm Hotel in Broadway, England, and Ca’Savio in Venice, Italy, Rea had an opportunity to join Paul Bocuse and Roger Vergé’s restaurant, Chef de France, in Orlando, FL. Chef Rea then moved to San Antonio and worked at several restaurants prior to joining Southerleigh Hospitality Group as the Executive Chef of Brasserie Mon Chou Chou.
We believe connecting people with food and drinks is the ultimate proof of love.
Southerleigh Hospitality Group: By foodies. For foodies.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)